Factory 2nd models will have imperfections in the leather. These imperfections have no bearing on the service life of the garment. That is the reason why these garments are discounted.
All products are made using materials sourced from North America and manufactured in Canada. North American hands touch our products at every step.
The Thorax model is a core product in the Up In Smoke Welding Apparel product line and is designed specifically with welders in mind.
Top 6 Things To Know About The Thorax:
- We use 14 oz CarbonX fleece, which is made with a blend of fibers designed for strength, warmth, and comfort.
- We use environmentally conscious leather from a world-class leader in both green initiatives and hide tanning, and the quality of this leather will help keep your range of motion on cold days.
- Our designs strategically place the leather on the side of your hood, upper torso and arms to help protect from burns and prolong the life of your garment. Placing the leather only where you need it cuts down weight and bulkiness while still delivering the protection you need.
- The hood and sleeves are lined with Mount Vernon Mills twill for additional comfort, making the hood and sleeves lighter and less bulky.
- We use heavy Kevlar and Nomex stitching to ensure the Thorax can tolerate prolonged use.
- Please remember to use our size chart.
- If in doubt about sizing, feel free to give our team a call at 403-923-6225.